24-free anonymous telephone line –FREE PHONE
Anonymous telephone number: +357 80001000
With a view to enhance effectiveness of fight against irregularities and fraud, the Customs service established a 24-hour free telephone line. The line is intended for individuals to communicate any information relating to illegal trafficking and smuggling of drugs, cigarettes, alcohol, commercial goods, weapons or other goods being subject of infringements and fraud in customs and excise procedures.
Information may refer to persons, vehicles, goods and traders where there is a suspicion of illegal acts, such as:
- vehicles with concealed places for transport of goods,
- secret loading, reloading and other goods manipulation,
- goods of lower quality, lower prices and countrified trade marks and sale of such goods,
- persons involved have false identification (false names and/or documents),
- unauthorized production and use of taxable goods, etc.
Useful particulars in cases mentioned above are as follows:
It should be noted that any information, as unimportant as it may seem, can contribute to detection of an important act of smuggling or fraud. Information collected in this way will be of great help to the Customs service in their efforts in the area, as well as in preventing the nationals of the Community from introduction of harmful and unfit products.
No identification is needed unless you wish to. All information shall be consider as highly confidential.
If for any reason the line is not available, you may contact (with charge) to: +357 22008250, +35724008252 or +357 99 318684.
- time (date, hour),
- names, descriptions and any other particulars on individuals or traders involved,
- quantity and type of goods,
- vehicle registration number, etc.
Yoy may also call during office hours to our officers of Intelligence and Risk analysis Section phone nos: +357 22 601749-52, +357 22 601733 και +357 22 601698.