Click here to read the annual report on EU customs enforcement of IPR – Result at the EU borders in 2016.
Here is a short summary of key figures:
· Customs detained 63 184 cases with more than 41 million products suspected of violating intellectual property rights.
· The value of the detained goods is just over 672 million EURO.
· Cigarettes accounted for the largest number of articles in detentions (24%), followed by toys (17%) and foodstuff (13%).
· Postal and courier packages accounted for around 73% of customs interventions, with 32% of the detentions in postal traffic concerning packaging material.
· China continued to be the main source.