Latest Figures: ICT Usage and E-Commerce in Enterprises, 2010
The Statistical Service announces the results of the annual survey ‘Information and Communication Technologies Usage and E-Commerce in Enterprises 2010’ which has been carried out in Cyprus for the seventh consecutive year.
The survey covered 1.373 enterprises with 10 or more employees in specific categories of economic activity. It covered all the government controlled areas of the Republic of Cyprus. The data were collected with personal interviews.
The main results of the survey are the following:
- The percentage of enterprises using a computer in 2010 is 92,2%. All large (250 employees or more) and almost all medium size enterprises (50-249 employees) (99,2%) are using computers.
- 79,8% of enterprises have local area network (LAN) and 20,2% have intranet.
- 95,5% of enterprises have access to the Internet. The Internet is used in all large and almost all medium enterprises. In small enterprises (10-49 employees) there is a continuous increase in Internet usage (from 82,3% in 2004 to 94,7% in 2010).
- In the recent years there has been a steady increase in broadband connections to the Internet. In 2010, 96,0% of the enterprises with access to the Internet had a broadband connection.
- 83,7% of the enterprises (employing 10 or more persons) that had access to the Internet in 2010, used the Internet to interact with public authorities during the previous year. Most of these enterprises used the Internet for obtaining information from public authorities’ websites (82,4%).
- 58,7% of enterprises have a website.
- 15,1% of enterprises are using Automated Data Exchange, mainly for exchanging information on products.
- 18,9% of enterprises have an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- 24,8% of enterprises have a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software application for managing information about clients.
- With regard to e-Commerce, the percentage of enterprises that accepted orders via computer networks was 8,0% while the percentage of enterprises that placed orders via computer networks was 28,0% (percentage on enterprises using computers).
The results of the survey are available on the website of the Statistical Service.
The Website is best viewed with screen resolution: 1024 with 768 pixels