Accessibility Statement for Cyprus Customs and Excise Department Website
This is an accessibility statement from Cyprus Customs and Excise Department.
Measures to support accessibility
We take the following measures to ensure accessibility of our Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Our Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria such as Images of text are only used for decorative purposes.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Cyprus Customs and Excise Department Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the Website:
We try to respond to feedback within 30 business days.
Accessibility of the Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
- Uploaded images may not have text alternatives:Not all uploaded images have text alternatives because contributors may have omitted to include text alternatives on images. We are evaluating the Website to identify and repair the issue.
- Empty table headings: Not all tables have a header because the authoring tool used auto-generates HTML tables that developers cannot modify. We are trying to convert the auto-generated HTML tables into div tables.
The Department of Technology Services assessed the accessibility of the Cyprus Customs and Excise Department Website by using automated evaluation tools.
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback and propose a solution within 30 business days.
In the case of continued non-compliance, the Department of Information Technology Services adopts the enforcement procedure as per Law 50(I)/2019. Precisely, you are entitled to escalate a written complaint to the Deputy Minister of Research, Innovation, and Digital Policy at Vyronos 29 Avenue, 1096 Nicosia - Cyprus and/ or email@example.com.
In the case of the bridge of the provisions of Law 50(I)/2019, you are entitled to escalate the complaint to the Commissioner for Administration and the Protection of Human Rights (Ombudsman).
This statement was created on 6 April 2023 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.